That is the contrast of how the world wants us to feel. I'm sure many of us feel like we're living in scarcity. For example, how many of us feel as though we don't get enough sleep? Or we don't have enough time, we don't have enough energy, or we aren't good enough, or we haven't traveled enough, etc.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ provides the opposite feeling.
When we are baptized as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, we are given the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
Here are a few of the blessings promised:
- If we are worthy, the Lord promises to pour out His Spirit upon us.
- We receive the right or privilege to enjoy the continual companionship of the Holy Ghost. We can receive inspiration, divine manifestations, spiritual gifts, and direction from the Holy Ghost continually.
- The Lord promises that we may always have His Spirit to be with us.
(For more information, go here.)
I love the words used: pour out, continually, always.
Words of abundance.
Not only are we promised an abundance of the Spirit, but we also have an abundance of help and guidance on our journey to feeling an abundance of joy:
- The Standard Works (that's almost 1600 CHAPTERS of scripture).
- Past General Conference talks (that's 45 years of General Conferences! HEAVEN!)
- For those who live close to temples, generally you can go multiple times in a week. They're only closed generally Sunday and Monday.
- LDS Church publications
- LDS Institute Manuals
- These manuals
- Not to mention all of BYU devotionals
- And all of the content found on the Mormon Channel
- There's even uplifting music 24/7
The only things we are limited to, as members of the LDS Church, is the fact that we can only take the sacrament once a week.
So, if you're not feeling that you are living in abundance, that's okay. It will come (and come, and come, and come).
Here are a few things that I did that have really helped me recognize abundance in my life:
For me, it was the perfect place to start.
Always remember that you are meant to feel love in abundance, hope in abundance, faith in abundance, the Spirit in abundance, and joy in abundance.
I'd love to hear your journey to feeling a life of abundance!